Line pipes are coated to protect them from corrosion, abrasion, and environmental factors. It extends their lifespan and maintains operational efficiency. If you are looking to purchase coated line pipe, contact us today!
Line Pipe Coating Options:
- Fusion-bonded epoxy (FBE) Coating is a thermosetting resin that provides excellent corrosion protection to line pipes. You apply it as a powder and it melts onto the surface when heated, forming a hard, protective layer. Benefits include good chemical resistance, high adhesion, and durability.
- 3-Layer Polyethylene (3LPE) / 3-Layer Polypropylene (3LPP) Coatings consist of a fusion-bonded epoxy primer, a copolymer adhesive, and a top layer of polyethylene or polypropylene. They offer superior mechanical protection, excellent resistance to moisture and chemicals, and high impact strength.
- Polyurethane (PU) Coatings provide exceptional resistance against abrasion, chemicals, and corrosion. They offer flexibility and adhesion, making them suitable for harsh environments where mechanical stresses are common.
- Coal Tar Enamel (CTE) Coatings have been used historically but are less common due to environmental concerns. They offer excellent resistance to water, soil, and chemicals, providing reliable protection against corrosion.
- Internal Coatings (Cement Mortar Lining, Epoxy) are applied on the inner surface of pipes to prevent corrosion from transported fluids. Cement mortar linings and epoxy coatings protect against corrosive substances carried within the pipeline.
Coatings act as a barrier against corrosion, preventing pipe surface damage and ensuring a longer lifespan. Coatings like PU and 3LPE/3LPP provide resistance to abrasion, maintaining the integrity of the pipes in rugged environments. Certain coatings are formulated to resist the effects of various chemicals transported through the pipelines. Smooth coatings reduce friction within the pipes, improving flow efficiency and reducing pumping requirements.
Many line pipe coatings guard against soil, water, and atmospheric elements, minimizing the environmental impact of pipelines.
The choice of coating depends on factors like the environment, transported substances, operational conditions, and regulatory compliance. Proper surface preparation and application techniques are essential to ensure the effectiveness of the chosen coating. Additionally, regular inspection and maintenance are crucial to monitor coating integrity and address any issues promptly, ensuring the continued performance of the line pipes.
Pipeline Equities supplies new ERW and seamless line pipes ranging from 2″ to 20″ sourced from both domestic and international mills. Our direct sales approach enables significant cost savings on coated and non-coated line pipes.
Additionally, we specialize in offering cost-effective used and rehabilitated line pipes in different sizes, serving as the primary source. Our pipes are available cleaned, beveled, recoated, and prepared for immediate installation.
We have coated and racked new pipe ready to load.
Structural pipe is available for construction, piling, and general tubular steel use in truckload quantities.